My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Glass Coke Vases

So this past holiday season at Walmart they had a 4 pack of Coke in vintage glass bottles. Of course my daughter HAD to have them and even they we don't keep soda in our house I caved partially because when you don't ever have soda it just tastes so much better and then also because the glass bottles were so cute.

So when Taylor and I had finished two of them I cleaned out the bottles and put them on my kitchen windowsill so I could try to figure out what to do with them because I couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

So after thinking for a bit I thought it would be cute to paint them and stick some fake flowers in them. It will add some color to whatever room I put them in. Well I finally have had a chance to sit down and try out my creation.


Here is what I used. Pretty easy right! 
The paint is Martha Stewart Multi Surface Glitter Acrylic Paint. I belive it was like 6 maybe 7 bucks at Michael's. The foam paintbrush was like $1.50ish.

So you have to dab the paint on because if you brush it then it streaks unevenly. I had to do about 3 coats of paint but you can always do more or less if you want.

So here is my final product. I bought the flowers at Walmart and they were on sale for .75 and 1.50 each!

Happy Crafting!!

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment