My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

Just like most other moms I know I am always running around wishing there was an additional 6 hours in the day to get everything done that I need to. Sometimes I barely have time to throw a good dinner together so I am constantly looking for quick 30 minutes or less meals to make. Well I have one to share that I love and perfected myself.
I had found a few Chicken and Dumplings recipes online but none of them were really quick like I wanted but I few had some ingredients that if thrown together would be pretty quick.
So here you go!

You will need:
1 1/2 lb of chicken
2 cans cream of chicken
1 can chicken broth (low sodium or sodium free)
garlic salt
1-2 cups of frozen peas and carrots
Bisquick (I use Heart Smart Bisquick)
Milk
8x8 glass baking dish 
 
*Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. Boil the chicken until thoroughly cooked through. 

2. In another pot combine the 2 cans of cream of chicken and pour HALF the can of chicken broth in. Turn on the heat to medium.  From there mix it together and continue to add more chicken broth depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce. I usually add anywhere from a half to 3/4 of the broth. Add the peas and carrots. Add some garlic salt. I don't put in a specific amount I just dash it in until I like how much has been added. Stir all together til it is mixed thoroughly.
3. Once the chicken has been cooked, cut the chicken up into bite size pieces and add it to the chicken sauce.

4. Pour the chicken and chicken sauce into the 8x8 baking dish. 

5. Follow the recipe on the side of the bisquick box for dumplings. If you don't have it, this is it:
combine 2/3 cup of bisquick with 3 tablespoons of milk. I have found that 3 tablespoons isn't enough and will usually add another one. Feel free to add as many more tablespoons as you need depending on how thick you want your dumplings.
*I also double the dumpling recipe otherwise you only get about 4-5 dumplings.

6. Spoon out dumplings and put it on top of the chicken mixture in the baking dish.

7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and remove. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Makes about 4-5 servings.

I made this last night and didn't make as much as the recipe called (I only used one can of cream of chicken) because my husband isn't home so my daughter and I won't eat as much as if he were here. But otherwise the chicken mixture will come almost to the top of the baking dish.





 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment