My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

For the longest time I was always unsure of how to cook with chicken. My husband has always been a red meat and potatoes kind of guy so I never really made anything with chicken. Well within in the past 2 years we have really started to eat more chicken so I have been trying to find easy no fail recipes for chicken and I found the grand winner!
Crockpot chicken tacos is probably one of the easiest recipes I have made but it is SO good! I found it on Chocolate Therapy through Pinterest and with the whopping three main ingredients I figured it couldn't get more simpler. 

Ingredients:
package of boneless skinless chicken breasts. The original recipe calls for 6 pieces of chicken but I used 3 chicken breasts and that was more than enough!
Taco Seasoning (I used the chicken taco seasoning)
One 16oz jar of salsa

Put everything into the crockpot and either cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours (closer to 4 hours). When it is done the chicken will literally shred apart with a fork.


Use tortillas and load them with your favorite toppings for the tacos: sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, etc.



I had enough leftover for lunch for the next 2 days and it was just as good as the first time. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!!


 photo signature.png

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine suggested this exact recipe, and my kids loved it. My favorite part is that you can use frozen chicken. Perfect for a day that no plan was made or you forgot to thaw the meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! I was a little skeptical but read such good reviews! So glad I found the recipe.

    ReplyDelete