My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Salute to Single Moms

I want to start this post of first by saying- Ladies I don't know how you do it! You are my heroes!!
So yesterday may have been about the nation's freedom and saluting our troops who fight for our freedom but today I am saluting the single moms!
For the past 2 months I have once again been playing single mom while the hubby is off on deployment. This isn't the first time nor will it be the last but man it sure is tough! Olivia is now 8 months old and he has been gone off and on for 5 months of her life. While I love my girls both unconditionally it sure is taxing. There are days where Olivia is fussy because of her teeth or she just wants to be held and that usually coincides with the same days that Taylor has secretly snuck the "pagent crack" aka pixie sticks and is bouncing off the walls and talking non stop. I do work full time so I get a little kid free relief at work but needless to say when I come home I'm exhausted and still have to take care of kiddos. 
Last week I had one of those days where baby was spitting her baby food at me and rubbing it in her hair at the same time. Taylor's room was a mess and for the life of me she was hardly cleaning it like she is supposed to do. Oh and I had about 7 loads of laundry on my bed that still needed to be folded so needless to say I had been sleeping on the couch for the past week. I look at my girlfriend who is a single mom and she makes it look effortless! 
So if there was a medal or some sort of award you ladies would win it hands down. I can only look to my chalkboard picture frame that counts down when Justin will be home and say to myself. "Only 80ish days left April..."

Happy Belated 4th from my favorite messy baby!
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment