My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Workout - Legs!

Legs day at the gym is one of my most absolute favorite days because of how many different exercises you can do. You can isolate muscles and just do quads, hamstrings, glutes or you can do it all! But most of all who doesn't want to look good in a cute pair of shorts this summer!
I typically change up my workout routine every few months so my muscles don't get used the same motions and repititions. So here lately this past month this is what i have been doing.

Goblet Squats- 3 sets of 10-15 reps
This is one of the easiest squats to do and it provides a good warm up for your quads and hips.

Leg Press Machine- Single Leg Presses 2 sets of 10-12 reps and 3rd set to failure

Good Mornings- Use a 20-30lb barbell and set it on your shoulders behind your neck. While slightly bending you knees bend down until your back is parallel to the floor. Do this for 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Glute Kickback Machine aka the Booty Blaster- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
One of my most favorite machines because it gives a good leg workout but it also works your glutes really well! I use 35-50lbs but please start lower and then work up if it is too easy.

Hack Squat Machine- 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Calf Machine- 2 sets of 10-15 reps and 3rd set to failure Depending on your gym there may be a few different machines (ie. seated calf raise, standing calf raise) so pick which one you feel works best for you.

Lying Leg Curl- 3 sets 10-12 reps
One of the reasons I like the lying leg curl is that you can isolate your legs and do one at a time. You naturally have a dominate leg so by isolating and working each leg individually you are getting the equal amont of work for each leg.

These are just some of my favorite leg exercises. You can mix and match (ie quads, calves, hamstrings in one workout) or you can isolate and just work quad or just work hamstrings and you will still get a good workout.
One of the biggest things I stress when lifting is form is the key! If you don't have good form you are setting yourself up for injury! Also go slow if you feel like you need to rush through the reps maybe take it down in weight so that way you can go slower to work on form and feel the burn just that much more.
Also if you aren't sure of what these exercises are go check out Bodybuilding.com as they have a workout section that goes over exercises for any part of the body. It is good to use to find new exercises so your muscles don't get used to the same 5 moves every time you work out!
So go enjoy the workout!

*Editors note- I totally work this like 2 weeks ago but has had such a crazy schedule and didn't realize i didn't hit send! 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment