My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye 2012...Hello 2013!

Happy New Year from my family to yours! I am back from my holiday hiatus and I am so excited to see what 2013 has in store for my family.
Here is a quick trip back in time through 2012 for my family.
1. The hubby came home from deployment the end of January....he subsequently left again the first week in May and came back in September. (He should be home all of 2013!!)

2. We took a mini vacation to Memphis...the first one as a familly of four and we survived! We actually had an awesome time!

3. My beautiful sweet mom lost her almost 3 year battle to breast cancer this summer. She fought so hard and was such a warrior through it all. Even though she is in a better place I miss her so very much!!

4. Taylor started 3rd grade! Gosh I officially feel old! Sometimes I look at her and think "Where has the time gone?!?!"

5. The hubby came home from deployment! Best thing ever!


6. We bought a house! We still have our house in Utah but with renters in the house we can afford to buy another one! (Yes we may be crazy!) I love it because it is brand new and we got to pick out everything. It is so cool to watch it go from dirt to a beautiful home.

7. Olivia turned 1! This first year has been a whirlwind and I wouldn't have it any other way. As much as I wish that sometimes life would slow down I think I would get a little bored if it did! She has grown into a sweet and sassy little miss independent girl. So very different from Taylor but also so much like her sister!

8. Vacation to Florida. The Memphis trip went to well that we took a trip to Florida since we haven't been down there to see family since 2009! It was a long car ride but I don't even want to know how much it would have cost to fly! We had lots of fun seeing everyone and meeting our new niece.

9. Christmas with both families! The hubby's family came in town for Christmas and stayed with us. My family also came into town but stayed at my grandparent's home. Either way it was lots of people in town! We also got 9 inches of snow in Arkansas on Christmas...needless to say it broke weather records and Olivia saw her first white Christmas! 

10. We survived 2012! We had a very mellow New Year's Eve by watching movies at home. Little Miss tried to stay up but only made it to 11!
(watching the neighbor's fireworks)

2012 was eventful and I would only expect the same for 2013! I am not big on making resolutions because 9 times out of 10 most people forget about them! However the one "thing" I will say for 2013 is that there will be lots of family trips so I know making memories is on our list!


Love to all and good luck to you with the New Year!
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment