My Blog Button

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Beautiful Kiddos

My Love and I

My Love and I
Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Military Spouses Blog Network
Happy Kids, Inc

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Cancer Sucks

I wish I was writing a post on how much cancer sucks on different terms but sadly it isn't so. I feel bad that I have been so absent from my blog these past few weeks but my mind has been elsewhere. This is where the correlation to cancer comes in. A few years ago my mother was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. She fought long and hard and even through the most difficult times she always had her beautiful smile and positive attitude. Sadly my mother lost her battle on June 16th. While I am beyond sad and lost at times I know my mother isn't suffering anymore and ultimately that is the most important part. Even though for my own selfish wishes I wish a million times over that she is still here so I can call her when I have something to talk about or just hear how her day went. I just miss hearing her voice. It was so comforting and so calming. 
My cousin had the perfect quote for my mom and just wanted to share it:
"I am in a thousand winds that blow, I am the softly falling snow. I am the gentle showers of rain, I am the fields of ripening grain. I am in the morning hush, I am in the graceful rush of beautiful birds in circling flight, I am the star shine of the night. I am in the flowers that bloom. I am in a quiet room. I am in the birds that sing, I am in each lovely thing." - Mary Elizabeth Frye

So if you take anything away from this post...please make sure you get your mammograms and do your self checks! Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women so please take the time and care for yourselves! I know I will!!


I wanted to add this photo of my mom when she was pregnant with me. I know the photo isn't the best quality and I was taking a picture of a picture but it reminds me of how blissfully happy she always was. But also it reminds me of a scene in the movie The Family Stone when Sarah Jessica Parkers' character gave a picture of Diana Keaton's character when she was pregnant to all the family as a present. I think I will try to get this picture cleaned up a bit and do the same. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment