One of my favorite recipes to make from the Eating for Like Cookbook is the American Turkey Goulash. It is real easy to make like most recipes in there and it tastes amazing! I was a little hesitant at first because I am not a fan of zucchini BUT in this recipe I actually love it!
So here's what you do~
1lb ground turkey
2 cups of tomato sauce (I use one 15 oz can)
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil
2 tbsp fresh red wine (optional)
8 oz egg noodles
1. Cook the egg noodles according to directions on package
2. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and saute onions for 2 minutes
3. Add the red bell peppers and saute for another 2 minutes
4. Add zucchini and saute for another 2 minutes
5. Remove veggies and set aside
6. Cook ground turkey until no longer pink
7. After draining the turkey add the veggies back in
8. Add the fresh basil and the red wine and cook 5 min--stirring occasionally
*I have also used basil from my spice cabinet when I didn't have fresh basil. I never really measured it out but rather sprinkled it on top....obviously NOT 2 tbsp like the recipe calls for the fresh basil.
Not only is this delicious but it is a healthy AND quick recipe!!